Parent Governor Election
The ballot for the two Parent Governor positions at Grasmere School is now complete. We were very impressed by the calibre of the nominations. What a lucky school we are. We were also impressed by the number of papers returned. Thank you to all the candidates who stood for election. This is a great example of democracy in action for our children to see. The two parents who received the most votes were Carly Harding and Dominic Kelly. They are now our parent governors. Andrew Leech, whose term of office as parent governor has finished, is now the LA governor, having been nominated by Will Clark.
Our full governing body is as follows:
- Richard Attenborough – Chair of Governors & Foundation Governor
- Rod Hutchinson – Vice Chair of Governors, Foundation Governor (Finance)
- Peter Yates – Foundation Governor
- Maggie Patchett – Foundation Governor (SEND)
- David Wilmot – Ex-Officio Governor
- Jane Robinson – Foundation Governor
- Adam Foster – Staff Governor
- Andrew Leech – Local Authority Governor (Safeguarding / H&S)
- Jo Goode – Ex-Officio Governor
- Carly Harding – Parent Governors
- Dominic Kelly – Parent Governor
In addition: Jason Hewitt is co-opted on to the governing body for monthly financial scrutiny.
The governors are in charge of the strategic direction of the school. As our school is a Voluntary Aided School they are also the employers, and have overall responsibility for everything. The day to day management of the school is delegated to me, as head teacher.
We look forward to welcoming our new governors.
Clerk to the Governors & Returning Officer
Understanding Relationships and Health Education in your child’s primary school: a guide for parents
Please follow this link for further information – Relationships and Health Education
- Support and protect your children online – www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- Gaming: What parents and carers need to know – www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- Office for Standards in Education (OFSTED) – Parent View