We are very fortunate to have extremely hard working governors.
As we’re a church school, the majority of our governors are called ‘foundation governors’.
We also have parent governors, a staff governor, and a Local Authority governor.
The Governing Body has the following core functions;
- To establish and support the strategic direction of the school
- To ensure accountability, including supporting and challenging the Headteacher and monitoring targets
- To ensure upkeep and safety of the school site
- To ensure good management of the school’s finances
As Grasmere is a Voluntary Aided Church of England School, the Foundation Governors particularly seek that the school serves its community by providing education which is in accordance with the principles and practices of the Church of England, including the promotion of Christian values.
Following a re-structure in July 2018, the Governing Body now operates without sub-committees and meets together about nine times a year.
- Jane Robinson – Foundation Governor (health and safety)
- Beth Abbott – Foundation Governor
- Emma Thornington – Foundation Governor
- Mary Jenner – Parent Governor
- David Wilmot – Ex Officio Governor (vice chair)
- Peter Yates – Foundation Governor (whistle blowing)
- Dominic Kelly – Parent Governor (chair of governors)
- Alec McCarthy – Foundation Governor (safeguarding)
- Andrew Leech – Local Authority Governor
- Johanna Goode – Ex Officio Governor (Headteacher)
- Amy Steel – Staff Governor
If you have any queries regarding any of this information, please do not hesitate to contact the Clerk to the Governors, Liz Watson, at the school