All our uniform items can be viewed on the Coniston Corporate Embroidery web site by following this link to our own online shop.
- Supplier: Coniston Corporate Embroidery
School uniform should help a child to feel ready-to-learn, comfortable and proud. It’s easy for parents, as it’s hard-wearing and reasonably inexpensive. It’s helpful to school as it’s hard-wearing and recognisable out-and-about. Our uniform is as follows:
- Grey trousers / skirt / shorts
- Golden yellow polo shirt
- Light grey V necked sweatshirt / cardigan
- Yellow gingham dress (if wished) in summer
- Waterproof coat and trousers
- Hat and gloves in winter. Sun-hat in summer.
All these items must be named.
We have a supplier who provides many of these items with the school logo. However, parents are welcome to buy from their own preferred supplier.
At Grasmere School we run a very active curriculum. It is vital that the children are adequately equipped to access this learning. We therefore require children to have wellies, waterproofs, hat and gloves in school all winter (9 months or so..!). Younger children are provided with all-in-one waterproofs by school.
We are very proud of playtimes at Grasmere. Fit and energetic children play co-operatively and happily together. Older and younger children often make up games together, and many of these games involve sand, mud, leaves or grass. This has implications for clothing: particularly footwear. Children need outdoor footwear in which they can run around, with warm, dry feet. It is more important that they can run (warm and dry), than that their shoes are highly polished. As we encourage them to get out on the field, we then ask them to take off their shoes when they come in.
- Wellies or “snow-boots” in winter
- Slippers or plimsolls for inside. Plimsolls can also be used for gymnastics.
- Outdoor shoes which are great for running around, and which will keep their feet snug. (These can double up as PE trainers if appropriate.)
- Black (with white strip) track suit bottoms or black shorts.
- Yellow t-shirt (infants) or black, yellow and white sports polo shirt (juniors)
- Hoodie – black, yellow and white (juniors) or golden yellow (infants)
- Trainers or equivalent
- Plimsolls for gymnastics (Spring Term)
- Swimming kit – class 3
It is necessary for all clothing at school to be named. Please stick to reasonably inexpensive items. Staff do their best to keep children united with clothing. Children are encouraged, from day one, to hang things on their own peg, to take responsibility for their possessions and to respect others’. But children are human, so we do have occasional lapses!
We have school team kits for sports tournaments. Wetsuits are available for loan as necessary. Sun hats are worn if the sun is hot. School has a large stock of spares.