Values & Vision
Grasmere CE Primary School and Nursery Vision:
Our school vision begins with two of Jesus’ sayings:
- “Love your neighbour as you love yourself,” (Matthew 22:37-8) and
- “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full” (John 10:10)
What do these sayings mean to us? How do they affect daily life at Grasmere School? We have ‘unpacked’ them as follows:
- To support each other’s growth
- To ask wonderful questions and discover our own potential
- To have strategies for responding positively, honourably, courageously and creatively to all the challenges we will face in life
Our ethos is distilled in our ‘Learning Wheel’. At the heart is the child. Our aim is that they will learn to think and respond for themselves; intellectually, morally, spiritually and creatively. The Church of England Vision for Education underpins everything we do, and encircles the child. We focus during the year on specific Christian values and virtues, which form the exterior of the wheel. The definitions were written by a Year 6 group.
These photographs illustrate our values.